I (@missyward) moderated this week with panelists:
Our special guest this week is Brian Littleton (@BrianLittleton), President and CEO of ShareASale.com. (Kudos to him for being our first male guest and for taking on the ladies!)
This week's episode covers:
- The turmoil surrounding California Assembly Bill 178 (the knock-off of the NY Bill that targeted affiliates and rocked the Affiliate World)
- The Bill explained in layman's terms and why the ugliest word in the English language is “nexus”.
- Who is affected by this bill and why it's more than just affiliates and merchants in California that have to be worried.
- Why “nexus” is being challenged now by states across the country even though the Supreme Court ruled on this subject 20 years ago in Quill Corp. vs. N. Dakota.
- What ShareASale as a network is doing to help affiliates and merchants in affected states.
- What affiliate marketers are doing to fight AB 178 and how you can join the grass roots efforts to help squash it, too.
- The additional states that are working on similar anti-affiliate legislation and where it all stands today.
Other topics that were discussed and laughed over were:
- Go-Girl: The female urination device.
- Brian Littleton's interview for a new VH1 reality show
- Working from home and balancing time for the kids (Missy, FAIL).
How you can help re:
New York Affiliate Voice
California Affiliates Forum on ABestWeb
Performance Marketing Alliance's Campaign to Fight AB178
5 Star Affiliate Programs
Amazon's Line in the Sand
Affiliate Taxation: Time to Fight Back
Cal-Tax Analysis: Sales and Use Tax Nexus Dilemma
Google's Stance on the Sales Tax Issue
Subscribe to TheSpew RSS Feed
TheSpew is also available for download on iTunes