buy.at hosted their “Give Back” event during Affiliate Summit East 2011.
Supported by their wonderful sponsors (Girly Checks and TicketSizzle) they hosted an engaging event at The Kimberly hotel and raised $1,825.00 for Affiliate Marketers Give Back‘s Avon Walk for Breast Cancer.
Guests enjoyed a stunning view of Midtown Manhattan from the 30th floor while snacking on delicious hors d’oeuvres and choosing from a selection of cocktails including the Girly Checks “Blank Check” martini.
Guests were challenged to “Think Pink” and wear any pink item to the event (clothing/accessories). In return, a $2 donation was made each by buy.at, Girly Checks and TicketSizzle to Affiliate Marketers Give Back. We are pleased to announce that 172 attendees wore pink resulting in a $1,032 donation.
In addition, the event included a silent auction featuring prizes donated by TicketSizzle, Girly Checks, Lindsay Phillips, VIP Live Drive and Team Loxly/PartyBeans. I also donated a bottle of my Signorina Wine. In total, the auctions raised another $793 for AMGB.
Since I love even numbers, I just personally donated $175.00 to the Avon Walk for Breast Cancer to make the buy.at Give Back Event's total funds raised…. $2,000!
A heartfelt thanks goes out to the buy.at team, their sponsors, all of the attendees that sported their pink to the party, and the winners of the silent auction.
The final numbers are in for Affiliate Summit East 2011 and we ended up with 3,943 attendees – the biggest Affiliate Summit East to date.
We are very excited about the sustained growth during such a fragile economy – it’s a testament to the strength of the affiliate marketing space, even during a recession.
Attendees were evenly distributed across attendee types, and over 1,100 of those attendees were affiliates!
More details on the growth of Affiliate Summit and the origins of the conference at http://www.affiliatesummit.com/about/.
Affiliate Summit East 2011, taking place August 21-23, 2011 in New York City, provides fresh food buffet breakfasts and lunches on Monday and Tuesday, as well as Sunday snacks, to Platinum and Diamond pass holders.
That’s good news for the folks that have Platinum and Diamond passes, but bad news to the people that make all of those boxes for conference lunches.
Lunches will be running for 75 minutes to provide attendees with some downtime to grab some food, relax, and meet up with current and future business partners.
Here are examples of the planned menus for Affiliate Summit East 2011 (subject to change):
Sunday Afternoon Snack
- Coney Island Hot Dogs
- Large Soft Pretzels with Deli Mustard
- Assorted Rugalach
- Bowls of Roasted Nuts
- Freshly Popped Buttered Popcorn
- Florida Orange Juice
- Scrambled Organic Brown Eggs
- Hickory Smoked Bacon & Griddle Potatoes
- Kashi and Kellogg’s Cereals
- Seasonal Fruit Salad
- House Baked Cinnamon Buns, Muffins, Croissants and Bagels with Cream Cheese, Fruit Preserves and Butter
- Freshly Brewed Superior Blend Coffee, Regular or Decaffeinated and Assorted Teas
Yes, there's even food for picky pescetarians like me!
- Mediterranean Seafood Salad: calamari, shrimp, and mussels in a basil vinaigrette
- Boccacini Salad: basil, ripe plum tomatoes, and aged basil vinegar
- White Bean Salad
- Grilled, Marinated Vegetables served with hummus and pita triangles
- Capanato Salad: eggplant, tomatoes, olives, capers, and red peppers
- Insalata Mista: baby greens with radiccio, cucumber, and tomato, with a red wine balsamic vinaigrette
- Cold display: prosciutto, Genoa salami, Provolone, Fontina, Parmesan cheese, marinated mushrooms, olives, roasted artichokes, focaccia, and Torinesi breadsticks
- Chicken Florentine
- Gremolata Crusted Salmon: seasoned bread crumbs, parsley, lemon zest, and lemon beurre blanc
- Veal Saltimbocca: prosciutto and sage rosemary sauce
- Orecchiette Pasta: sun dried tomato sauce and fresh herbs
- Tuscan Roasted Potatoes
- Italian String Beans
- Red and Yellow Peppers
- Rolls and Butter
- Assortment of Italian Pastries
- Assorted Biscotti / Italian Cookies
See what is included with each pass type at Affiliate Summit at http://www.affiliatesummit.com/register/.
Learn how to upgrade your pass.