Since I wrote “Urgent! Calling ALL Florida Affiliate Marketers“, I’ve been answering lots of questions regarding how Internet Sales Tax is going to affect us here in Florida.
Great conversations and explanations about this topic are also happening in our PMA Coalition in Florida Facebook Group.
But, I’ve also been asked if this “Internet Sales Tax” issue is really a threat to affiliate marketing.
The answer is Hell Yeah!
I’m not being a Henny Penny here. This is a real threat and it’s already put thousands of affiliate marketers out of business in states where these laws have been passed.
If you give a crap about your affiliate marketing business [yeah… I just said that], here’s what you need to do:
- Learn if your state has any legislation pending that can affect your affiliate business by looking it up on the Performance Marketing Association site here. [If you’re a Floridian, I will help you along here.]
- Matt Frary put together a great post here which includes a podcast with Brian Littleton, President of the Performance Marketing Association Board of Directors, that provides background on the issue and let’s you know what you can do.
- Join the Performance Marketing Association as they are the only organization that is advocating on behalf of affiliate marketers in situations just like this. If you don’t want to join, at least make a contribution to the Performance Marketing Fairness Fund so that when lobbyists and lawyers are needed to help fight this in your state, the PMA has the financial resources to do so.
For those of you that opt to do nothing, don’t say I didn’t warn you when the sky falls on your affiliate marketing business.
Latest posts by Missy Ward (see all)
- How to Turn Your Social Media Followers Into Customers - 01/01/1970
- JustSoPosh.com Takes It Personally - 01/01/1970
- 4 Ways to Create Blog Posts that Convert Visitors into Customers - 01/01/1970