This week's episode covers:
- The turmoil surrounding California Assembly Bill 178 (the knock-off of the NY Bill that targeted affiliates and rocked the Affiliate World)
- The Bill explained in layman's terms and why the ugliest word in the English language is “nexus”.
- Who is affected by this bill and why it's more than just affiliates and merchants in California that have to be worried.
- Why “nexus” is being challenged now by states across the country even though the Supreme Court ruled on this subject 20 years ago in Quill Corp. vs. N. Dakota.
- What ShareASale as a network is doing to help affiliates and merchants in affected states.
- What affiliate marketers are doing to fight AB 178 and how you can join the grass roots efforts to help squash it, too.
- The additional states that are working on similar anti-affiliate legislation and where it all stands today.
Other topics that were discussed and laughed over were:
- Go-Girl: The female urination device.
- Brian Littleton's interview for a new VH1 reality show
- Working from home and balancing time for the kids (Missy, FAIL).
How you can help re:
New York Affiliate Voice
California Affiliates Forum on ABestWeb
Performance Marketing Alliance's Campaign to Fight AB178
5 Star Affiliate Programs
Amazon's Line in the Sand
Affiliate Taxation: Time to Fight Back
Cal-Tax Analysis: Sales and Use Tax Nexus Dilemma
Google's Stance on the Sales Tax Issue
Subscribe to TheSpew RSS Feed
TheSpew is also available for download on iTunes
Latest posts by Missy Ward (see all)
- Affiliate Summit Webinar Series: The APAC Opportunity - 01/01/1970
- Affiliate Summit East 2018 Early Bird Rates End On May 11th - 01/01/1970
- Turning 50 Into Your Advantage - 01/01/1970