Listen above, on GeekCast.fm or download to iTunes.
I (@missyward) moderated this week with panelists:
- Karen Garcia (@KarenGarcia), Co-founder of GTOManagement.com
- Lisa Picarille (@lisap), a consultant focusing on online marketing, social media and content creation
- Kim Rowley (@KIMarketing), owner of Key Internet Marketing
Brian Clark (@copyblogger), the Founder of CopyBlogger.com was our special guest this week.
The topics that were discussed today were:
- Brian reveals how he made the leap from his former “wicked” career to canonical copywriting blogger. He also gives us some insight into Teaching Sells and DIYtheme's Thesis for WordPress (the affiliate program that I manage to benefit the National Breast Cancer Foundation.)
- Is it imperative to be a good writer to have a successful blog?
- Is it worth taking a citation from the grammar police in order to get your point across?
- Are journalists dinosaurs?
- Can you blog about something you're not interested in?
- Effective tactics for writing blog post headlines
- Strategies affiliate marketers can employ to get their visitors in a buying frame of mind
- Newspapers are on the endangered species list. Are they worth saving? Is Journalism as we know it we know it today, at risk?
- Digital reading: Can the book/magazine/newspaper to reader relationship withstand the Kindle to reader relationship?
Fortuitous tidbits brought up in today's episode:
- Brian digs AC/DC and was formerly an exotic dancer in Austin, TX?
- I own 960 pairs of shoes, cut coupons for therapy and like to wipe my newspaper-covered hands on the jackets of random people on the NYC subway.
- Lisa subscribes to and reads over 50 magazines per month.
- Karen has only purchased 2 newspapers in the last 6 years.
- Kim does not like anything between her toes.
Subscribe to TheSpew RSS Feed
Latest posts by Missy Ward (see all)
- Affiliate Summit East 2020 Has Been Postponed - 04/17/2020
- Save 20% on Affiliate Summit West 2020 - 09/13/2019
- Feedfront Magazine Issue 46 Now Available for Download - 03/27/2019